If you’re a regular visitor to the Westcoast pages – and we sincerely hope that you are – you may remember that in 2016 we launched one of our most exciting promotions: The Big Pitch.
The idea was simple. Anyone with breath-taking, original, or quirky Microsoft-related marketing plans that they couldn’t quite afford to budget for themselves could put in a pitch to us for a helping hand – in the shape of up to £8,000 of funding.
It was such a hit and spawned such a huge amount of creativity that we couldn’t help ourselves, and brought the Big Pitch back the following year, in late summer 2017. And now you can call us extravagant and generous to a fault; you can say that the winter sun has gone to our collective heads… Because now The Big Pitch is back, and this time, in the timeless words of Messrs Barlow, Orange, Owen and Donald, it’s back for good.
There’s no longer a set period of time for you to get your pitches in – we’re accepting them all the year round. This gives you as much time as you need to perfect your pitch before you share it with us.
So, what do you need to do to make the perfect pitch?
- First and foremost, all pitches should relate to Microsoft products and services only. Yep; we know that you have a billion other ideas, but them’s the rules.
- Secondly, and equally importantly, we want you to stupefy us with your creative genius. Don’t just think big: think different. We’re not going to fund a leaflet drop of your catchment businesses, but if you can convince us that you have a bi-lingual elephant on your team ready to trumpet the virtues of Microsoft Azure while demonstrating the powers of Surface, then we’ll probably be in.
- That being said, we have to know that your plans are realistic, so tell us not only how you intend to implement your campaign, but how you intend to measure the results. We want to know your expected ROI; spend a little time working out how you can reasonably demonstrate that.
- Perhaps the best way protect your ROI is to avoid putting all of your megabits into one basket. A varied campaign can work to attract a broader demographic, so mix it up a bit; cross-pollinate your platforms, using multiple media forms to reach as many potential customers as possible.
- Explain how Westcoast can help. We’re not just here to dole out the cash; as with any other reseller concern, we’re happy to take a hands-on approach. If there’s something that you think we can do to enhance your campaign, ask – the worst that can happen is that we’ll say ‘no’, but we’re far more likely to get stuck in and see what we can up with.
- Finally, make it personal. One of the things we most loved about previous Big Pitches is that it really helped us to get to know our resellers better. So, along with your application form, feel free to send us a video telling us a little bit about who you are, or a PowerPoint file demonstrating your company’s family tree from the court of Henry VIII – anything to help us get a clear idea of who you are, what you need, and how we can help.
Okay, is that all clear? Then, on your marks… Get set… PITCH!